One time many years ago we were offshore fishing in my 25'Mako for red snapper about 40 miles out. We were tied off to a rig and I was on the bow fishing. It was rough that day 5'-7' seas. My fishing buddy was in the stern fishing and he says to me, is there supposed to be water in the floor? Omg no! I went to the stern to see what was happening and the water was coming over the transom at the engine. O- crap, the hatch had popes up enough to let sea water in to the point that the bilge was full and the batteries were under water. The engine fired right up. Miracle. I went to run the bilge pump- no worky- so the only way to get the water out was to jump in and remove the drain plug and run the water out! Unhooked from the rig and headed towards Galveston. Talk about sluggish the boat had the bilge full of water and prob 6" in the floor. And the seas were not helping at all,anyway got the boat going and bow up and water going down . It took prob 25 minutes to empty out the hull . After the water drained out I just put a expandable plug in temporary till we got to dry land . That was a scary thing to happen that far out in the Gulf

Pat W