As Dave Davidson commented here " A man can dream" smile. You Good People, have been good enough to make some recommendation here and so let me pick your brain as I need lots of help since the older I get, my brain functions slower. So, in reading old post, I found where a 5lb 12.8 oz RES was caught in Arizona. And I have shown interest here in the possibility of building and or improving spawning beds for RES in my new pond. Next question is, how to get the RES to gain wt to Trophy RES? Can it be done in a 3.5 acre fishery? Pond will have LMB and HSB as the preferred big fish. But can a pond of this size only have two? Since the RES feed on Snails as their primary diet, they may not compete for the same forage as the LMB and HSB. I know a larger RES will feed on FH minnows but?? What about crawfish stocking (papershells) and can the preferred snails be stocked ? Are Grass shrimp a preferred diet of RES? And since this pond is new, and no grass is there, How and when do you stalk the shrimp?
And as a side note, I floated my 12X16' 9 barrel pier this week after a good rain. Built it with my Grandson on the pond bottom and let the water come up to get it floating. smile

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy