Originally Posted By: TGW1
Setterguy thanks for the post. I may want to do the same this spring. But before I attempt it, I will see how things settle out in my new pond, setting at 2/3rd full now. I would like to know what was the pH prior to the Alum and lime treatment. That would determine what lime additions I would make. And where did you pick up the alum? And what is the floc log you speak of? Is there such a thing? And thanks for posting the pictures of the set up. It gives me a picture of how to mix by circulating the tank and then how to set up the spray bar. This is really helful shoud I decide to floc.

I did not check my ph prior to Rex doing the alum treatment. I had stocked FHM earlier in the fall and they were doing fine. The test tube I was holding up (pictured above) was after the drops of chemical were added. According to my son the color (blue) indicates a ph of around 7.
Rex provides everything needed and brings in his pontoon boat all rigged up. For me to do this on my own, would have been a pretty big task. He's done in many times, and it doesn't take him long. My pond isn't full yet either. Rex thinks there will be enough alum residual to take care of the final 4 or 5' of water to get me to full pool. I'm trying to get a jump start on spring. I want to have it ready for fish stocking early in the spring.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023