Al, I would have to say yes. My first thought when viewing a trophy mount is not one of appreciation, rather I'm wondering about the circumstances that surround it. Was it a deliberate trophy pursuit? Was that big fish taken on a charter, where the goal was one for the wall? Was that trophy turkey sighted on numerous occasions, where killing it evolved into a goal in it's own right? ("I've seen that big gobbler twice now...he's the one I want!")

Or was that trophy fish taken by chance, and that big turkey happened to be the first one that was called up?

And like we've discussed earlier, catching a trophy fish does not automatically mean that the animal has been killed, unlike a turkey or deer. What was the angler's motivation in deciding to keep (kill) it?

As I've stated before, I believe the decision to trophy hunt is a personal one, and should not be decided for you, by someone else. But I do think that trophy hunters, and ALL hunters for that matter, should periodically stop and re-examine their reasons for doing what they do. Is it practical or logical to remove the best genetics? Or is it a case of pride in doing/having/killing the biggest and the best?

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.