Originally Posted By: esshup
Good going Rex! SetterGuy, now what do you think of the pond? wink grin

I see Rex put in not too far from the depression that is fed from the alfalfa field. Did Bill or the brothers (I forget their name) get the new culvert installed there?

Are you starting to accumulate the cover that needs to go into the pond? It looks like the water level is staying relatively stable now, but you need a couple more feet to reach full pool.

I've got a lot of ideas, some easier than others. More rock ordered. (4"&9") I found (remember the guy that owned this property before me was a hoarder) five 8' sections of 4" PVC pipe. I'm going to cut it into 4' sections, and set them in the many 5 gal buckets laying around. Pour in concrete, and many cross pieces of 1" PVC.

I did not need a new culvert. The old ones are doing the job. The good news is the grass and wheat are filtering the incoming water, and the main water inlet is coming from the alfalfa fields is very clear.

I'm hoping (if everything works as planned) to have, clear water, a full pond, with structure in place, for early fish stocking next spring. And yes,, I think the dam is holding, and no other leaks. (Knock on wood) it dropped about a inch a week after the last rain, and that was the initial fill. Probably not considered perfect, but not enough to drain and try to fix..
Getting snow today. This will help the fescue anyway, even if it's not enough to bring up the water level.
Rex's pontoon boat is getting iced in.

(BTW Scott, I shot a buck with that Browning 270 you and I sighted in.) he wasn't a trophy but had four points on a side, so he was a shooter in my book.. (From that first stand near the house.)

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023