Great thread guys.

CC

In my opinion, any electrical equipment should be protected from the elements if you want to maximize its life so I would definitely provide shelter. Compressors generate heat so good ventilation in the shelter is a must. I use a self contained compressor with its own shelter (Airmax) and it came with a dedicated cooling fan for the compressor. These are expensive to buy and operate! Since then I built a pump house to get everything up off the ground away from standing water and critters so that expensive shelter that came with the unit has no value to me. When the compressor I have now gives up the ghost, I will replace it with a much less expensive one without its own shelter.

I really like the idea of a second small compressor just for winter. Now I just turn off the diffuser in the deep end during winter and only run the shallow one. I have excess air that I have to just let bleed off as I don't want to over aerate. Throwing money away! I will start looking for a small winter compressor tomorrow!

Esshup

I am really looking forward to the next issue of PB mag. Really want to hear what the experts have to say!

Last edited by Bill D.; 11/14/14 09:28 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!