Hey Bob, hows the Florida sun treating ya?! No pats on the back for me Im just all ears when these guys are offering up advice from theyre past experience... I feel fortunate that alot of these guys have already made some of the mistakes Im sure I would have made with out theyre advice.

Well I pulled the trigger on some SMB and will be putting them in the pond this afternoon along with 900 RES. The pellet fed SMB are pretty tough to come by so I feel fortunate to be getting them. They will be 5"+ fish and originated out of Wisconsin. So this I'm sure has something to do with them not being larger in size. I decided to go with 50 fish for now with hopes that they will grow well and have some limited reproduction to further stock the pond and give us more fish to catch in the future.

These fish are coming from Jones fish. I know some of the guys on here are not real fond of the way this company hauls fish, but I have had great luck with theyre forage species so I'm going to give them a shot. The truck is coming right to the pond. The fish arent cheap, but they are supposed to be super nice and healthy fish so I will find out later today.

The RES Im getting are supposed to be raised in a monocultured pond so Im hopeful I dont have to worry much about a different mix of sunfish species being present. Can RES be easily recognized against other sunfish species at smaller sizes? Im getting 2-4" and 4-6" RES.