New to the forum and just put in a new pond so looking for advise and direction. I have a tiny little pond (spring fed 30 foot diameter - 5 ft deep)for 25 years that has allowed my kids to catch bass and the dogs to swim. I just recently put in one just shy of an acre and when filled would be 14 feet in the deepest region (also having a couple of springs feeding it). Having lost my son a few years back, I now have a little grandson and want him to have a paradise to fish, canoe, ice skate, and swim.

What I have noticed in my readings so far on the forum is that most of you are located in the south or at least warm regions. I am in the Finger Lakes of NY and we have already had frost a couple of nights. Definitely things are different for me here but if someone could point me in the right direction for some help on getting this pond off on the right foot it would be appreciated. I am sure there are many questions to get to that answer so I will look around to see where to post the question and get started.

Anyway, I have already learned an unbelievable amount in about 3 days of looking around the forum. Starting to make some artificial structure from what I already learned here.

Dan