Well figured I better do a quick update.

First off any ideas what in the world this could be???

It is aprox. 10 foot under water when the ponds full

This is the only picture i have but it explains quite a bit of where I am at right now.

I had a guy with a backhoe in over the weekend to dig a ditch for water entering the pond to go straight to the main body of the pond as I had been fighting the dirt being wet with the wet fall here and the fact that almost all the water entering the pond had to come across the areas I was wanting to work. He ended up going 5+ feet deep to find the clay where the pond was originally built. With this being the case I am going to hire the digging portion out as there is no way the two little fords will ever get this job done with out a ton of wear and tear on them.

The two small piles on the left that are lighter in color is what we had dug out with the two little tractors minus a few bucket loads that a friend hauled off. All the other dirt is the backhoes work in 3 hours, the plan thus far is a trackhoe, a dirtpan, and a bobcat for excavation. Dirt will be hauled to the dam end of the pond and piled up behind my shed for drying and I will deal with it as time allows in the future.

My pond renovation thread here