ToddM, I'm a bit different than Dave, I operate with the ROPS up, but I'm normally on and off so much that a seatbelt is really a PITA. I know enough and can think quick enough that I need to hold on if it's going over, and keep my feet on the floor.

I was a supervisor in a steel warehouse. We'd have to take the fork lift outside to load wire mesh onto contractors trucks. Seatbelts had to be worn. One of the guys went out to load a truck, didn't pay attention to what he was doing and tipped the fork lift on it's side. Yes, he had his seatbelt on. But, the dumba.. stuck his foot out like you'd do on a bicycle to keep from tipping over. The result? Compound fracture......

Just like hard hats that had to be worn there. I didn't see the point. Yes, they'd protect your head from bumps and scrapes. I don't know how much they'd help if a couple thousand pound stack of steel sheets fell from the crane tho. What good is a hard hat going to do if you're squished like an ant on the bottom of somebody's shoe?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).