is there a numerical relationship between electrical conductivity (EC) and alkalinity, or do they just generally relate (i.e. does high conductivity typically mean high alkanility and vice versa)?

also, can one speculate on relative alkanility based on total dissolved solids (TDS) measurements?

I believe there is a conversion for EC to TDS.

background:
i took some measurements (for the first time) of my pond water today with a freshly calibrated hanna water meter (measures temp, pH, EC, and TDS).

i have an oak and pine watershed, so was pleasantly surprised to find (in about 10 measurements around the pond) a consistent surface water pH of 7.10 to 7.25.

the conducivity appeared low however (based on this thread ) ranging from about 145-160 uS/cm, assuming the units are equivalent. My meter measures in micro Siemens per cm, as opposed to micro mhos on chatlanha’s report (are these equivalent?)

TDS ranged from about 45 to 70 ppm, and surface water temps ranged from about 49 to 52.

the incoming creeks (which flow out of fairly dense oak and pine woodlands) did not exhibit any of these parameters outside the ranges measured in the pond, but the main creek was noticeably cooler and had a lower pH (7.10) than the smaller feeder creed pH (7.22) which might just be a temp effect on pH?

Done with pointy hat reporting……thanks in advance for any feedback.

GSF are people too!