Originally Posted By: snrub

I have a theory.

I believe FA is the organism that takes advantage of plentiful nutrients in a BOW until the time that root based aquatic weeds take over that job. In the absence of said aquatic weeds, the FA provides a valuable function of providing YOY fry, aquatic insects and other "critters" valuable cover, thereby enhancing the long term success of the fishery.

FA can be a good thing. There, I said it. The way it makes a pond look sucks, but as far as the under water portion of pond health goes, it provides a valuable service.

I just came out of the FA "closet". I kind of like a certain amount of the stuff (but not too much grin )

First of all SNRUB I am a member of the back club with a herniated disc for the last 30 years.

Observing nature as you did in the ocean tells you a lot about water nature. It seem that water and plants got along just fine through millions of years without us. I like to read things like the daily notes of Louis and Clark in their expedition exploring the Louisiana Purchase and the excursions of Teddy Roosevelt to see what the water ways were like when they were pristine and untouched. When General Sherman was in command of troupes in Florida they took a single seine sweep for fish in the coastal water shore and filled five barrels with fish. It's hard to beat mother nature.