Am I hearing that the bass in the size pond I have could be a bad thing? For the blugill I read where that if you put something besides the HBG that they would take over my pond. I guess the real thing is do I want a bass pond, bluegill, catfish, or another kind. If the mixture is important what is the best mix of fish to have co-existing together. I have read the TWRA recommendations for stocking and tried to follow their guidlines. I have one grass carp that is 3 years old that I did not mention before that was around 1.5 pounds. Summer 2005 my catfish are 1/2 to 1.5 lbs, 3/4 lbs bluegill anbout the size of a large hand, bass 3/4 to 1.5 lbs, and brim small to 1/2 lbs. Most of the fish are around 2-3 years old. The fish seem to be growing ok I guess but this is the first pond I have owned. I like to do things right so thats why I'm here. I subscribed to pond boss magazine this afternoon and also purchased the raising trophey bass book. The water quality is still one of my biggest fears and if taking that to the county agent is the best method that's what I will do but is there somekind of home kit I can get to where I will be able to keep up with things on an ongoing basis. Thanks!!