Esshup, I'd like to establish a natural food chain. But, I'm not a professional so that's a tall order. blush I think it would be good to have the structure and cover to support it if it happens but I'm expecting to restock occasionally.

So, here's my plan... grin I'm bringing in some gravel / rip rap (hopefully, next weekend). I'll add stone piles along the shelf by the dam and place as much rip rap as I can around the base of the dirt mounds to support them (in lieu of sacrete). I'll try to sculpt some 'shelves' on the mounds. I'll place landscape bricks and patio stones (my wife wants me to get rid of) on the 'shelves' for cover. I plan to add a few small trees in strategic locations at a later date which, as you pointed out previously, will eventually have to be replaced.

I decided against the tire pyramid because I don't think I have enough room for it in the newly excavated area and I don't think the pond is big enough for much of a boat so I'll forego the anchors. frown But, both are a great idea for a larger BOW when I win the lottery.

I'll be working on it next weekend so, if I make progress, I'll post some new photos. Thanks again for the ideas and lessons learned... smile

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
- Doug Larson