Providence has brought me a cute 20" gator. If the GBH don't find him for a few months, he should thrive. Hope he doesn't decide to go walkabout. My guess is he will stay around, as the environment is perfect.

I'm happy the gator fell into my pond because I have considerable pests. Sometimes I can count 2-3 dozen turtles hanging out in the feeder area. I have 8 interloping Muscovy ducks that make a toilet of my floating deck, right in the executive fishing area. I have many green herons that eat my small bluegill, gams, and crawfish.

I'm trying not to name the little turtle-seeking missile, but I know I will if he stays around. "Sneaky Pete" is taken, "Troy" is too logical. Maybe I'll just let him name himself.

In the event he does stick around long enough to make an impact on the pests, I will harass him so he will fear humans. When he gets big enough to take pets and kids from the bank, well, it's "Chood'em" time. I think when he or she becomes sexually mature, it will leave and look for a mate. I guess gators are like guns. Always a danger and a big responsibility, sometimes necessary.