Mr. Cody has given me some good info on this site in the past. I have 5/8 - 3/4 acre pond about 1/2 is 10 - 17' deep. Have channel cats, BCP,WE, koi, perch, and,various bluegills. Removed LGB except 2 small ones unable to catch so far. Put big rock cobblestone 4 -8" for walleye spawning. I have a strong spring in bottom of pond, as well as a lot of wave action. Got at least a few young WE before doing that.
Unfortunately didn`t find this site, and keep good records of sizes of fish added, or removed. Have now added additional perch, and WE in 5 -7" range. All fish are fat, and healthy. Been catching big ones of each species. Got 14" BCP, and 2 21 - 23" walleye last weekend, about 3 -4#.
Seems to boil down to balancing predators to prey fish. I had too many predators they were all stunted. Bass got removed because they could not be caught. Don`t ask, lol. Have to figure how many #`s of fish can be removed per year for the table to keep stable.
Interesting observation, although I have some very large perch, and BCP, I never see eggs, or young. A friend 1/2 mile down the mountain roughly same type of pond swears they only stocked keeper WE 15" plus from a lake. I saw him catch a few fish under 9".