I received a message from them, but there is a confidential disclaimer on the bottom, and I am not sure if I can share it.

The basic answers are:
1. Does it negatively effect swimming during the sealing process?
Give it 2 days or so to settle before swimming, swimming will not ruin the process.

2. Does it leave unsightly residue at the waterline and below if the pond does loose water?
Some beads and materials may be seen at first until it mixes with the natural materials.

3. Does plant life such as algae, chara, and lilies prevent good sealing? Does it need to be removed?
It must be removed prior to application to be effective. (This makes it tough for me, lots of chara)

4. What time of year is it best applied?
As long as not frozen. Needs 4 feet of water pressure above leak to work.

5. Water temperature?
As long as not frozen.

6. Will future rooted plants such as lilies break the seal? Can they even be planted?
Plants and shrubs can cause another leak, but can be re-patched with their sealant when removed (I wonder if this helps with rotted-out root holes?)

7. If the material is bio-degradable, how does it offer a "permanent seal?"
Material remains in soil for 10-12 years, after that the assumption is the captured silt will remain indefinitely keeping the seal.

Personally I don't think the product has been around long enough to make the "permanent" claim, but if you re-develop a leak in 10 years, buy some more and re-apply. Still far cheaper than a pond dam re-work.

It will probably be late in the summer/early fall before I am allowed to spend more money on the pond, so no first-hand reports unless I come up with the scratch some other way.