I've been walking the edge of the pond almost nightly and feeding the FHM and GSH. The progress they are making is amazing to me. The number of fry in just a few short months is quite surprising to me! Everything I've managed to net so far look to be FHM fry. I haven't added any spawning substrate for the GSH so they may not be spawning yet, but they are definitely growing... They are schooling up and really aggressively feed on the crushed pellet feed that we toss in the pond in the evenings. Also there are thousands of tad poles and frogs already establishing themselves. Looks to be a great start on establishing at least a short term food base for the SMB that will be stocked in the fall of 2015.

I have put my order in for 3000 paper shell crayfish that I hope to add in the next few weeks. Smith Creek is a little behind schedule on the crayfish. They say the crayfish are smaller than usual at this time due to colder waters.

I have been seeing a few 3" fish that are a bit different looking and they tend to live under a specific conrete or rock chunk in shallow water. I'm having a hard time identifying them as they don't sit still long enough for me to get a good look. I throw fish pellets out and they swim out to grab a chunk and go right back under the structure. The same fish seem to stay under the same rock day after day... Does this sound like LCS? The fish look to be darker colored then the FHM and GSH swimming around them. I thought they would be using the deeper water? These fish almost act like they are spawning? There is quite a lot of fry hanging close by to these rocks as well, but I'm not sure if they are FHM or something else? Any guesses as to what this could be?