Surprising lack of independent reviews or reports on the product, which is actually a good thing. Typically people only post on a product if it didn't meet expectations. I wouldn't be here for example unless my pond leaked to begin with.

I am likely going to give this a try, and have the following thoughts and questions:

1. Does it negatively effect swimming during the sealing process? (Picking it out of teeth doesn't seem pleasant)
2. Does it leave unsightly residue at the waterline and below if the pond does loose water?
3. Does plant life such as algae, chara, and lilies prevent good sealing? Does it need to be removed?
4. What time of year is it best applied?
5. Water temperature?
6. Will future rooted plants such as lilies break the seal? Can they even be planted?
7. If the material is bio-degradable, how does it offer a "permanent seal?"

From what I can see from a scant few pictures is it does leave a residue, it almost looks like cellophane. So it seems the material lays down as slimy cellophane, and gives you a plastic liner. Depending on the type you order (seep vs leak) is how gloopy it becomes when wet.

I would suspect this wont seal ground-water ponds where water flows both in and out of the soil. It may stop it from going out the first season, until it starts coming in and it blows the liner. Then again if it does what it claims, it gets deep into the porous soil, binds, and clogs it up. Maybe it will... I wonder if you need to apply it to ponds like this by pumping water into the pond while applying it to have positive pressure.

Some other thoughts are: I wonder if bottom feeders like catfish cannot get dinner for a while, same with smaller fish like FHM as the layer of goop separates them from dinner. Also my tie up and choke off many invertebrates living in the pond mud. You probably only want to treat the suspected leaky areas and not the entire pond or you can damage the ecosystem.

The largest deterrent for me would be the loss of a swimming season if it needs to be applied warm. Second would be the residue, but if it disappears over time, no big deal.

I am going to send them these questions and/or call on the phone for more details.

Last edited by liquidsquid; 06/25/14 07:50 AM.