Great comments guys, sorry I don't have the answers. Because the aggregate is put through a screen to pile and remove by large trucks there is much discharge in non-usuable clay etc mixed in with the stone, sand and gravel. This material is spread around the edges of the lake embankment in great thickness and new berms are constructed elsewhere to hide and use this waste byproduct. I would easily have 4-6 feet of excess embankment until the top and main surface grade. Don't forget they are digging a large hole removing the aggregate and only the water level remains. I don't think I would need any overflow and have the ability to house another 10-15 million gallons of water. I think Bill is correct in saying that this new height in water could and would leak out into the surrounding ground. However, the great clay thickness 3-4'+ may seal the water and delay its departure from the lake. If this is true I could enjoy another 3-4' of water depth for a period of time or at least delay it from reaching its lowest level. Any thought on this.....?