Well I just got finished cleaning up and putting things away. All I can say is wow that was fun yet again.

A few pictures were taken, I hope none to incriminating!!

Here are a few from the ones we took.

The first is the gathering.

Then I demonstrated the fyke net. I set it up over night and we pulled in after everyone got settled in. I guess this is as close to standing out in my field as I am going to get.....

After we gathered the net up, Allen and I collected up the fish. It was definitely an team effort.

After we gathered up the fish we then sorted them for type and genetic qualities I want in my pond. There were several knowledgeable folks adding their expertise to the process!

I hope some one else got a better picture, but it looked like I had two RES/crappie crossed fish. The mouth gape was bigger than a RES and it had a black strip on its nose. Any thoughts?

Of course there were a few people who at the last minute had to back out due to family and personnel issues. Fear not, you were with us in spirit!!

The group talked and shared stories and experiences. Learning was accomplished!!

George sent Breminators, they were a bit of a challenge in the wind (15 Knots form the south) but a few of us got them working!! I believe that in the end, I caught the first fish and the most fish with a flyrod today!! I was very humble about that, just ask Dave Davidson..... smile

Also Zep supplied some t-shirts. They were way cool!! Thanks Mark!!!

In the end, smiles all around with the exception of the fish stealing snake that got poisoned!!

Plans are already working for the next one and TJ had better show up, that's all I am saying...... smile

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%