Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: poppy65
Sure looks like it to me but some of the guys on here will know for sure. Last year my newly redug pond had a little but not bad. This year it exploded faster than I realized it could. I had floating mats of the stuff covering half the pond. Sprayed half the pond with Cutrine Plus last Friday and it turned it brown in a day and it is sinking now. Going to spray the other half of the pond next nice day. Good luck.

You may be surprised to know it could disappear or die back when water temps warm. Some FA prefers cooler water.

Are you sure it's a problem? I have some in my ponds but don't worry about it unless it's a fry pond and I want to get an algae bloom going. Then the FA competes with the algae bloom.

Thanks Cecil. I didn't know it might die back on its own but I should have from my years of fishing. I can remember ponds having moss in the spring but none later on in the summer. This must be a good year for it around here. I've noticed several ponds I drive by nearly covered with the mats.