Yes, I will be there. Looking forward to meeting you and a bunch of the other PBF members.

I may have made that post sound more negative than I meant for it to be. PBF is a wonderful resource and it is proper to promote best management practices. And I know a lot of guys (and gals) on here take their pond management very seriously and no doubt take a lot of pride in what they have accomplished. The only point meant was that not everyone has the time or resources to devote to the management of their ponds and sometimes compromises have to be made and best choices made within a range of available resources. Some management is still a whole lot better than no management at all. I believe I can provide at least a decent fishery for them, or at least a whole lot better ponds than what they had.

I would venture to say that mistakes have provided mankind as much information that led to progress as any planning we have done. It is just not my preferred method of learning, though I'm no stranger to it. laugh

It sounds like for you the learning process is part of the joy of managing the ponds, and that sure is the case for me. As far as being an angler I'm on about the ten year old kid level, so a trophy producing pond has not been my priority. Have been enjoying catching the BG for stocking the kids ponds though, so you never know, I may catch the big fish bug in time.

What is going to be difficult for me in stocking both my daughter's pond as well as my son's is doing it with lower numbers of adult fish instead of large numbers of fingerlings is determining how well the forage production is going with the spawns and when and how many adult LMB for predators to put in. Getting that done correctly without either having a stunted BG pond or a LMB heavy/forage weak pond will be the trick. I hope I can pull it off, and if not can correct as time goes by.

Thanks for the encouragement.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine