Also I would welcome any advice on this stocking process. I know a lot of the things I am doing is "not expert approved". Like not nuking the old pond. Like not buying fingerlings and going the traditional stocking route.

But my daughter is going to spend exactly zero dollars on this pond because that is what she can afford. There are plenty of other places for money to go besides on fish. So I have to work with what I have, or shell the money out on my own for a pond that is not mine.

I hesitate asking for advice, since I already know mostly what I am doing is wrong and will be readily pointed out. But I live in an imperfect world and this is NOT going to be the perfect pond. I, as well as she, will be happy with "good enough". So if there is something that anyone can add that can help me work with what I have (my pond full of fish that I can catch, trap and transfer to her pond as needed) and make it better, I would greatly appreciate it. If someone wants to point out the ills of my ways, that's ok too as I have big shoulders and can take it. But it probably will not help or change things.

I have learned sooooo much here on PBF. But anything less than perfection tends to get shot down. I'm just saying up front, this is not going to be a perfect pond. It is only going to be as good as I can make it with what I have to work with.

Last edited by snrub; 04/20/14 11:43 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine