Illinois is a real treat too. In Illinois fish destined for the table need to be tested for for the virus even though it doesn't effect humans. And of course tilapia are illegal to plant in ponds in Illinois which makes no sense whatsoever.

Right now I'm attempting to purchase a non-resident aquatics dealer's license so I can ship a couple of frozen fish to a taxidermist there. It's like pulling teeth as I have to do it on line and person I'm talking to insists I have a federal ID number to recieve a number so I can apply. I told her I'm a sole proprieter with no employees and don't need or have one. She said she would call me back 4 days ago. She indicated the person who was supposed to take care of this things has moved on and his position was never filled. I'm not holding my breath but my customer is getting anxious as he's already paid $125.00 for the two frozen fish.

So typical these days: people filling two or more positions to save a buck. Meanwhile service suffers.

Edit: Just got a call with a customer ID number to go on line and get the license. Now I can spend $100.00 for a $125.00 order! At least I will have more Illinois customers.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 04/18/14 09:49 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.