CJBS, Thank you for taking the time to respond, I sincerely appreciate it! I really like your idea of the YP & HSB stocking plan & I have decided that is the plan for me. I like it because I think the BG - LMB route seems kind of ordinary; I can go fishing for them in about 50 farm ponds within a 20 mile radius of my house, but I don't know of a single YP & HSB pond anywhere around here.

I agree with the acid soil statement. The soil is fairly acidic around here, even with the limestone base. I haven’t had a chance to measure the pond water quality yet, but I would guess it is a bit on the acidic side. It was initially filled by ONE overnight rain storm and runoff from an adjoining 60 acres of fields. I am also finding that the pine trees are dropping a fair number of pine needles into the pond. I am assuming I will have to spread some lime in the water in the very near future.

Zetts in WV (this is their catalog http://zettsfishhatchery.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/CompleteCatalog.pdf) advertises what they call a “Seminole Stripped Yellow Perch” a “Spotted Small Mouth Bass” and a “Small Mouth Black Bass” I don’t see that they have any RES or RBS but I can find out tomorrow when I call them to pro-order my minnows. I am using them because they are very close to me and I can drive and get the fish myself, unless someone tells me to use someone else.

With that said, can you suggest a stocking “plan” I guess what I am asking is how many fish, what size & when should I stock them. Keeping in mind I don’t have a problem feeding. Oh, and one more thing…should I put in a few catfish?

I subscribe!