Oh yes, chainsaws, my absolute favorite power tool, as a result of working in the woods for 40+ years.
Are you planning to leave the ground, as in climb a tree or a ladder with your saw? If so, then a top handle saw with lanyard attachment ring is a good, safe way to go. You then can hook one end of the lanyard to your waist (belt or saddle) and be free of the saw for climbing or grabbing a limb for stability. We arborists clip the saw lanyard to our climbing saddle and can hang the saw on a hook on the saddle or even drop the saw in an emergency without it plummeting to the ground. (Bad move)
If you will do all your limbing from the ground, then a standard saw design will serve you better, as you have more reach and control of the tool.
That said, we prefer Stihl 020s and MS200Ts over the 019/190 series. The power of the 020/200 series is way above that of the 019. The prices are too. :-( We do not have experience with Echo saws, but some of our competitors run them with satisfactory results. I would buy an Echo, especially a very small top handle one.
I personally have on older Husky 335XPT and constantly am working on it. It does not have the reliability of the Stihls. However, the new Husky 540 climbing saw is their answer to the best Stihl top handle saws, and will probably take some market share. You're talking about well over $600 for the top Huskys and Stihls.
Sorry this has dragged on for so long. I try to start at least one chainsaw everyday of the week, just because I can. Ha! I am certainly a saw nut. My ice fishing auger is an old Husky with an oiler that no longer works.
Send me a PM; we can talk saws for days and days, weeks and weeks. I can tell you logging stories from my days as a timber faller in Oregon and Idaho.