David, it is your pond, and I love catfishing! I commented on the "high" number off CC because of what I stated above....they are relatively cheap to stock at advanced sizes if more are wanted, but damn hard to remove once stocked. I presumed with the plan listed you wanted big Bass, so a double whammy could be with lower LMB numbers to control CC offspring, you could get a significant CC recruitment from spawns.

Young GC will eat a lot, and aquatic plants give great cover for plentiful forage fish growth to raise those big bass. You may also want to delay your GC stocking till you near problem plant coverage. The GC MAY prevent WANTED growth.

Not much in a pond happens quickly, and most of us get anxious and impatient. Trying to guess what your pond will do ahead of it happening, like stocking GC as a preventative, could wind up becoming an even more difficult management issue. Like with CC, GC can be stocked if and when needed/wanted, in advanced sizes at reasonable prices.

I'd just hate to see you here posting about a problem created that was originally intended to be a cure. EVERY part of the pond's ecosystem, natural or man introduced must balance....ANY change has profound impacts thoughout the entire system.

As embarrassing as it is, my first pond, before finding this site, was documented by an NRCS agent for in-house training on how NOT to have a pond built! Almost everything that could be done wrong, was....right down to a "dirt pusher" burying 3 complete oak trees in the CORE of the dam as filler material. Fortunately, it was discovered in the repair work as it would not hold water above the original ground level.