18 HSB
25 CC
75 Florida LMB
25 Camolot LMB

12/2013
75 CNBG
50 CC
22 Rainbow Trout (16-20 oz each)

I am supplementing feeding Aquamax 400/500/600 and have 3-9" diffuser stations pumping nonstop.

The pond was covered in duckweed when I first began the project but once cleared up, the perfectly clear water produced an alge bloom and has maintained one ever since, all year long.

Being in central Louisiana, I am attempting to have diversity during the winter months by adding the trout to our body if water.

My question is, since the trout are considered a predator and their diet consist of anything available, what affect would this have on the existing population of fish?

I spoke with the hatchery and he explained under optimum conditions, we can expect a maximum growth up to 5 lbs by the time the water temperature rises to a stressful level.

Would the trout eat the pellets as part of their diet or just the existing fish population?

Does anyone have any history of this being done around this area? I know the local LDWF started adding trout in Baton Rouge but most if not all of the trout were removed in a short period of time from their bodies of water according to the news reports.

Would there be anything I may want to pay special attention to, other than the normal documentation of weight/length/health of fish being caught and harvested?

Coupe

I subscribe!