Hi all, and I apologize as I have a hard time keeping my questions brief. crazy

This is the dam area I want to clear off and there's much more brush and bushes than the picture shows.

Along the circled area is the dam (although an earthen pond) which is steep and drops off to the deepest area of the pond at 9-10' along the blue line. I've been wanting to clear all the brush, small trees (mostly small willows I believe and none over 1-2" in diameter), etc., from the face of the dam but it's too steep to clear without all the debris (or me) falling into the pond.

So, I figured I'd wait until it iced over so I can access it from the pond to clear it all off.

In the picture you can vaguely see where I've place the four diffusers, with the small circled area being the one I'd like to open for the sake of snow-cover and having open water for O2. The pink circle is approximately how much of the water will open up. The depth at that area is 4-5' until it reaches the area of the blue line which is the 9-10' deep channel of the pond which drops fairly quickly. The rest of the pond averages 3-5' deep.

My question is if I open that diffuser, will it make the ice unsafe along the dam to do what I want to do? I will check thickness as I go but I wonder about thin/weak spots due to moving water under the ice.

Thanks for any help and/or ideas.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES