I'm not that hardcore on hunting. I haven't shot anything this year or last year. I haven't seen anything that I wanted to shoot.

My 15 year old Grandson and his 2 buddies are predators. I've been taking them hunting for years. They are good kids and we are trying to keep them that way. Another of the Kids Dad always comes along and he also hunts. He also likes to cook. He and I haven't even had to gut a deer in years, Those guys do it all like getting the tractor out to bring the deer in to hauling the carcass off. There are a lot of discussions about unprotected sex, drugs, booze, etc. This will be my Grandsons last weekend that he can get away to buck hunt. He hasn't gotten to hunt that much. His stand(popup blind) has a lot of GOOD bucks coming in. We've avoided his area when he can't go. I doubt that we will see much. I don't recall Texas deer having that much enthusiasm for ice skating.

I won't be driving. I cleared all of the ice off the windshield of my pickup yesterday evening. After that was all done, I turned on the wipers and a chunk of one came off. So, the other Kids Dad is driving.

Thinking about it; driving 70 miles one way on ice to freeze our butts off. I have the gear to handle it but I'm the only one who does. I expect that I'll let the Kids use my gear and somebody has to make sure the fire in the trailer house stove doesn't go out. The high temp is forecasted for 22 and somebody has to make the sacrifice.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 12/07/13 06:54 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP