Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Where in the heck have you been? I think you owe us all an explanation, with photos. I'm waiting....

Good to hear from you amigo.

Thanks bud!

Well... Where should I begin? hehe....

I have been checking in from time to time, but obviously haven't posted much. Jeesh... I just looked back at my post history, and other than a couple of posts here and there, it's been about two years since I've posted regularly on the forum. A big part of the reason for the initial drop off two years ago was due to all the things I had going on that I briefly wrote about here http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=20713&Number=265256#Post265256.

Since that post, the healthcare business continued to grow steadily, and the tilapia hatchery expanded a great deal as well. The new home at the pond was finished (we love it), and as expected, my twin boys, now almost 3, quickly set out on their mission to destroy it. I kid, I kid. smile Everything was good... very, very busy... but good.

Then everything just came to an abrupt stop around New Years of this year. One of my favorite fishing buddies, my 17 year old nephew, passed away. Many of the pictures I've posted here on PB in the past feature him proudly holding any number of prize catches from the pond... A pond he also helped me manage, and where he planned to live soon too (on the other side of the pond), with his mother (my sister) and twin brother. I was devastated by his passing. Still now, not a day, maybe not an hour, goes by without me thinking about him. I don't think that will ever change. I sure do miss him. With a lot of help from very dear friends, we were able to keep things going, and I'll be forever in debt to them.

All things considered, things are going pretty well these days. In addition to all the usual projects, business endeavors and family obligations, I recently took on the day to day management of AquaponicsNation.com (formerly AquaponicsHQ.com) from Gary Donaldson. Gary was one of the early pioneers in the aquaponics field and built quite a community. He's quite a guy.

I haven't had much time to fish the pond, but the few times I have, I've done really well. I do really need to learn to slow down at some point, and take some time to enjoy the pond. hehe...

Some things that some of my fellow Pond Meisters might like... I'm planning to build several small recirculating breeding ponds in the Spring. I'll also be renovating a small pond (1/5 acre or so) soon at my parents' place. Going to do something "different" as far as stocking goes, but not entirely sure of the exact mix yet. I intend to post regular updates here as those projects progress. Should be interesting. smile

Hey Cecil, sorry for hijacking your thread man. Of course, that's pretty typical behavior for me, eh...

Last edited by Weissguy; 11/21/13 10:37 PM.

12 ac pond in NW Missouri. 28' max depth at full pool. Fish Present: LMB, BG, RES, YP, CC, WB, HSB, WE, BCP, WCP, GSH.