Originally Posted By: rmedgar
USN 1966-1969. Great Lakes, Pensacola, Norfolk, Viet Nam...

Hey All --

Randy and I didn't always get to have cameras with us during our time on these cruise liners, and elsewhere. Here are some photos from our history. I'm in two of the photos below. I think Randy was below decks, ripping paper off of a teletype machine during one of the photos below.

The good times were not always good times. Yet, some of our colleagues got to provide humorous salutes so the folks back home knew they were OK as guests of some unfriendly hosts. Oh well, at least it is now a museum, even though it is on land, and not in the harbor.

Don't forget these guys. Their "gracious hosts" let them come home Christmas -- only to be kept safe in an undisclosed location for several weeks, apparently for not having presents for their families.

And, let's not forget -- you don't have to be in the US military to be taken as a US prisoner in a foreign country while defending this country..

Remember, PTSD doesn't require one to be in hand-to-hand combat, nor even necessarily still in the military for it to take it full effects.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!