This is a tiny island I decided to leave on the pond I am cleaning out for my son. Or at least it was an island till I remembered this thread and the discussions.

It really started as a single willow tree that was going to be left in about a foot of water. Figured it would eventually die and turn into fish structure. As I was digging around it to make the water in that area deeper, decided just to push dirt up against it and make an island.

Deciding it would turn into a weed patch and not be big enough to justify the time and expense to build a bridge out to it, I pushed some of the dirt back in that I had just dug out and made into a key hole shaped peninsula instead of an island. It will be small with a fairly narrow ring of water around it but the portion facing the main part of the pond is about 5'- 6' deep and should be good to fish from.

We will see how it turns out after getting the finish work done and grass growing on it. May not turn out that well, then again it might.

Edit: oops, the pic below is when it was an island. The peninsula I put back in to access it is the area to the left.

snrub

Attached Images
Jpond4 005.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 11/02/13 11:05 PM. Reason: correction

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine