Originally Posted By: JKB
I just buzzed to the local walmart (after reading your post) to check things out.

Haven't found any 30-30's in a long time.

I guess it was fortuitous that over the years I'd buy a box or two of 30-30 shells when I'd see them on sale. I have a number of boxes of Winchester and Federal, in both 150 and 170 grain. Most of them I got for about $10 for the 20-cartridge boxes. I don't use very many,so as long as they stay viable, I've probably got a lifetime supply.

I think I've got a lifetime supply of 12 gauge shells too -- if they don't go bad. Probably at least 10 years ago, Wally World had a center island stack of Winchester steel shot cases of shells. I think there were 10 boxes of 25 shells per box in the case. I think I paid around $20-$25 for the case. I probably only use 5-10 shells a year for pesky varmints I can get close to, or to scare off other critters.

I've found a number of .22 shells that wont fire. I bought brick of Winchester hollow point LR shells a number of years ago. I don't know if it is my old 22 or the shells. I suspect it is the shells. I'll find out when I get home later in the week with my new 22.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!