Well the outside raft tank tomato plants and the tomatoes they started to produce are history. Too difficult to transplant inside due to massive roots all inter-twined, and the greenhouse plastic I used to line the inside tank let me down. I folded the plastic over three times to line the indoor tank. First the top layer balooned up. Then after the second layer ballooned I decided it was a no go. If the bottom layer of plastic leaked in the basement, while I was asleep, it would not only create a heck of a mess it would drain my fish tank. Not worth the risk.

The plan is to get a good epdm liner and use the inside tank this spring to get starter plants going for the outside system.

I'm actually kind of relieved I won't be burning up 400 watts for the hps lighting along with my 250 watt system heater.

I started too late in the year due to other priorities. Now that I have all the infrastructure it won't be a problem next year.

Live and learn!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/20/14 01:28 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.