Thought I would provide updated pics of my dock. You can see the 15x15 center section that has a 2x8 cross with 2x4 diagonals. The outer sections are 2x6. The center joists are 12" on center, the outer joists are 16" on center. All 2x6 decking boards were edge screwed with a CAMO jig...works great and I highly recommend the CAMO pro (only about $40). For the 2x4s, I put one CAMO screw in each end to hold it in place, then used a punch and hammer to make a small hole on the edges. The CAMO screw then went into this small hole and drilled the rest of the way.

I don't think it is visible in the pics, but I eased all of the floorboards with a 1/2" roundover bit...really helped the appearance and comfort on bare feet. The four posts in the middle will support a roof, and will be covered up about 30" by rock. Hope to have a ceiling fan, lights, etc. Also planning an outdoor kitchen/grill area on the land side. Lots of work yet to be done!

Also notice that I have some more excavating work to do around the pond...one of several areas where I should have held the contractor more accountable!

Attached Images
Dock Picture 2.JPG Dock Picture 1.JPG
Last edited by Tree Farmer; 10/15/13 02:09 PM.