I am new to PB and have been looking over past posts to see what information I could gather but it seems that every pond has it own unique conditions, so thought I would post.
I have contracted with NF&W service to renovate my existing pond since it was choked out with Lillie's.

We have agreed that once it was drained

that it would sit for 2 yrs to kill off existing vegetation and then allow the pond to fill back up the following spring. The new dam has been install and we will begin the 2 years of the waiting game.

I am wondering about the muck in the pond and your guys thoughts as they are leaving it to be compacted back down over time and say it should not have any issues with the muck afterwards. Just seems to me that it would act like a sponge and just absorb the water back up and create the same bottom texture, I may be wrong though.
While empty what are some of the major thing I should address if any, like the side vegetation, island, trees,etc?
We are considering putting in a deep spot to winter over fish, and for a little swimming hole but don't have any idea if it can be done yet as we don't know the bottom composition yet.
Any thoughts will be most appreciated.