I've been struggling for years to find out an easy way to skin squirrels. A buddy from Arkansas was at the house last weekend and he showed me how he does it. It was a lot easier than what I was doing, and there was a LOT less hair on the carcass to boot.

Find something very sturdy about slightly higher than head height that you can pound two 16 penny nails in about 8" apart leaqving an inch or so sticking out.

Take two pieces of para cord and make each piece about 12" long with a loop in both ends of both pieces. Get a pair of linesman pliers or a pair of pliers like you'd skin a catfish with.

Hang a piece of para cord from each nail.

Take squirrel, soak in bucket of water until it's good and wet. Squeeze off excess water. Make an incision all the way around the mid section of the squirrel right under the skin. Put it's head in one loop so it won't come out when you pull on the skin. Grab the skin at the incision on the bottom half of the squirrel. Peel it down until you get to the base of the tail. Cut thru the tail bone. Continue peeling it back until you get to the ankles on the rear feet. Take the squirrel out of the loop and put each ankle in a loop. Pull the other half of the skin off the front half of the squirrel, cutting thru the front feet at the "Wrists" and cutting it's head off. (or keep going, taking the skin off of the head if you want to cook the head too.)

Cut thru the rear legs at the ankles. Rinse off any hair from the carcass, then clean out the innards. Rinse and soak in salt water to remove any excess blood.

For me, a LOT easier than trying to stand on it's rear feet and pulling up on it's tail to skin it. Less than 5 minutes per squirrel from start to finish, and it works on cold squirrels just as well as warm ones.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).