Originally Posted By: esshup
Do you find that it has any problems transmitting thru the walls? I don't have an outside tall pole to mount it on, and with a 2 story house it'd have some interference.

I have found that it works best to locate the sensors close enough to the ground for basic maintenance. The outdoor temperature sensor is located on the north side of the office building out of direct sunlight about 6 feet above the ground. It's signal goes through Three 6" insulated walls, 60 feet of air and my truck to get to the weather station. The wind and rain gauges are mounted six feet above ground on a post that I drove into the ground. They are located 100 feet from the office building and the signal must pass through two 6" in insulated walls. I have three WIFI networks, a cellular amplifier system all running in the same area.

Signal strength hasn't been an issue under these fairly severe conditions.

I have a remote temperature gauge for the pond which does not work because it is at least 200' from the weather station and the signal has to pass though a lot of pond bank to get where it is going. Soil is poor medium for a wireless signal to pass.

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather