Esshup,

I'm guessing a lot of the depth will come from the back damn build up as the field is in a pretty decent downward slope. The clay is pretty hard here, the 3/4 pond I mention in the post is right next to where I want this one. My friend built that with one machine, a rented jd 450 for one week. What I learned are a few things, getting a friend to do something means more saving, but little ability to critique when he is late the first day, doesn't show the 3rd day, et. Etc...love the guy but he has way too much going on. 2) the dozer was not good at diggging, it took a week because it was sooo slow to push the clay all over. 3) I may have saved money upfront, but it took almost 200hrs on my little tractor to finish putting all the topsoil back and leveling the ground long after the dozer was gone. So I thi.k in the long run I may have spent more than just having pros come in and do it initially.. all that being said it has been here for 3 yrs now and has never leaked. The damn is pretty pretty tall too.. the run off will be the same as the bigger one, its a 12" x 20' culvert pipe out of the side of the pond, the lowest point. So this time I figured I would have a pro do it w the right eq. You can see videos of my first pond under my posts. I think they r there.