Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: JKB
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Nice start. Since you got a late start growing and to get good or better use of the plants before it gets cold use short maturity plants like lettuce, herbs (basil, dill, sage, etc), or maybe peppers?.

Ditto!

Except peppers may be a bit tricky this late without a greenhouse.

Hey Cecil,
Is that 60 watt pump one of the Easy Pro rigs? I'm thinking of a few of that brand to keep things rolling, along with O2 when the power fails. Much simpler and lower cost battery backup system then.

I've used Easy Pro mag drive pumps but anymore I'm buying my pumps on Ebay. Just bought two of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161085096761?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just wish the good quality linear air pumps weren't so pricey. I have to buy three of them for the three high schools, as I need more air to run the moving bed filters and will be discontinuing the RBC's.

Looking up this brand of pump, it's kinda difficult on which of the retailers to believe. Some say this, while others say that. MFG website is down, so can't get the scoop! It's like the Eco 7 pump out there. Can't get a straight answer on what this animal is, even from the MFG (importer)

I'll give SC a shot, they have been good to my family. Worst case scenario if this is a piece of crap is I'll drive around the river and plunk it onto Dave's desk.