Sunil, I own a camera but never carry it. Some people enjoy taking pictures. I'm just not one of them.

Re my ponds; It's kinda hard to get excited about a 1.5 acre, 17 ft deep, pond that is now about 3/8 acre, 4 ft deep and muddy. That's what a sustained drought does. We've had one rainy year about 3 or 4 years ago and it almost filled. The drought in my area has been going on for the last 8 years. I need a 6 inch rain that comes as a flood to revive things. We actually got 5 inches of rain about a month ago. But it came over a 3 day period of drizzle and light rain. My pond came up about 6 inches but is now lower than it was before the rain.

I had a major fish kill this year but, as usual, some survived. I've fished it a couple of times but it's hard to get excited about 6 inch BG and 9 inch lmb. 3 catfish made it through. I did catch about an 8 inch GSF a month ago but didn't have a camera. I seldom even bother fishing it.

My forage pond that used to be 1/4 acre and about 7 ft deep is now about 2 ft deep, less than 1/10 acre, and loaded with small BG. It's headed for a DO crash but I have no place to relocate them.

Our lake levels have dropped to the point where getting a boat in is kinda iffy. And, I have a couple of boats.

If the ponds ever fill, I'll take a picture. Until then, I'll live vicariously through you guys.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 08/13/13 05:17 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP