Originally Posted By: esshup
Thanks for the tips! I'm planning on something similar, but I only have a small Kubota tractor with FEL.

Same as you, it's framed with the barrels under it. I'm going to pick it up, (it's sideways to the pond now) and put PVC pipes under the barrels. I figure the plastic barrels will slide pretty easily on the PVC pipes. 2 pipes per barrel, sorta like launching a boat into the water. At least that's the plan. Right now the frame is approximately 8' from the water's edge, and it's on a 6:1 slope so there isn't a big drop to get to the water.

I plan on drilling/washing 2" Galvanized pipe into the pond bottom, and let the floating portion slide up/down over the pipes. There will be plastic sleeves U-bolted to the outside of the pier in 6 places and the pipes will be inside the plastic PVC. The walkway will be hinged to a 12' long, 4' wide platform that is attached to 8 pieces of 4"x6"x4'-8' long treated timbers that are sunk into the ground and concreted in. The walkway is 16' long, and will roll over the top of the floaing portion of the pier. Once it's floating I'll add the decking. The decking where the walkway rolls on the pier will be in place before it's floated. From low to full pool, I figure the walkway will only roll 18" max.

esshup,

Did you get your dock built yet?

1 Acre Pond with SMB, YP, LMB, GSF, RES, FHM, GSH, Papershell Crayfish, Pike
5.5 Acre Pond with LMB, BG

My Build Thread