J.W.,

Thanks for the clarification. It reminds me somewhat of my experience back in the 70's installing small package sewage treatment plants in the Caribbean for well-to-do homeowners that wanted to irrigate their grounds, but, of course water was very scarce, regardless of how much money you had. One system I put in was for Winthrop Rockefeller's widow down in St. Martin. The point I'm trying to make is that a small sewage treatment system uses aerobic bacteria to break down the waste in order to recycle it into "grey water" for irrigation purposes. The system was continuously aerated providing oxygen to maintain a balance for the bacteria to do their thing. This is opposed to a septic tank situation which employs anerobic bacteria that do not requier aeration/oxygen to do there job in a closed system.

I imagine that another analogy would be putting yeast in your batch of homemade beer (ala putting corn meal in the pond), which establishes the bacteria required for the fermentation process.

I plan on giving it a shot, so thanks for the tip.

Tom Parker