Originally Posted By: MRHELLO
This is vary similar to what I have now and may be able to modify it work like yours. Can you add more detailed pictures and setup info to this thread or PM me which ever you think is best.

I can but I'm pressed for time right now as far as posting pictures. I'll get back to this thread shortly.

I am getting ready to get some blocks like you have as well so let me about how many you have. I posted questions about them to make sure I was getting a good dear rather than just buying some new blocks.

I responded to your other thread. The new ones shouldn't be that expensive from one of the Building supply stores. You should be able to get them dirt cheap used.

I am curious to see how the water flows from your tank to the barrel and filter etc.

Easy. Water is pumped via a small mag drive pump from the top of the filter tank (clarifier) to the bottom of the biofilter tank (mbbr) moving bed bioreator. That tank is set higher than the fish tank so it just drops back in the fish tank via a pipe. However with the aquaponic raft tank the water goes first to the raft tank and then back to the fish tank.

Looking forward to your additions to this thread.

Also you are working with male Tilapia as well correct?

Yes, new species for me is tilapia in the outside tank.

I was just curious if you had any spawn if not the case. Also what temp is your water and do you have issues keeping it warm since it is not in the sun?

Mine are hybrids so they are mostly male and possibly no females. Not seeing any young in the tank. At first with the cool and wet weather it was staying on the cool side in the lower 70's but since then has increased due to the heat wave.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 07/16/13 10:06 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.