I've been contacted by individuals over the years about selling composters and I'm going to try it with this unit. I think I can do it for $50 plus $18 for shipping. For that price I would include a bag of coir chips (not the powdery material) because the system was designed for using it and it's hard to find in small quantities.

I'm also going to offer a starter kit of 2000 BSF eggs for $15, hoping that they can survive shipping in the same box as the composter. The eggs would usually hatch during shipping. I see people charging $40 and up for 2000 larvae so that's a good deal and there are some advantages to starting out with very small larvae. The point of a starter kit is attract local wild BSF and the smaller larvae are thought to be a better attractant. They would spend almost all of their lives as larvae in the composter, maximizing the effect of attracting females.

I don't know if this is a realistic price for the time and materials involved but I want to make it affordable. I think I can make a reasonable profit if I buy bulk materials when I can, and if I can streamline the construction. I would rather make a humble income doing something I love than make more at a job I don't like. smile

Last edited by GW; 07/15/13 11:01 AM.