Originally Posted By: Stacy
Today was the first time I've run a dozer. I don't need it for the wetland but I thought it might be a good time to get used to it. I plan to use it when I build my lake. I hate to embarrass myself in front of a lot of spectators. I purchased the dozer from a farmer in North Dakota. [url=][/url]

Stacy -- that is a pretty great looking toy. It takes a little practice to get proficient, if you haven't spent much time in something similar. If you haven't spent much seat time in a machine like that, find a construction project where they are using machines of similar size. Carefully watching old greybeards operating these things can be invaluable.

Just don't get carried away. Sitting in that cab can make you feel very powerful and invincible. I hope you don't decide to "remodel" the house. The front porch or kitchen can be removed in less than a minute.

I keep thinking I need to again get a machine to do a little landscaping. I keep looking at CAT 953s and 963s.

I'm not a professional dirt mover. But, I've bought some pretty rough looking machines, used them for several projects while cleaning them up, and then selling them for a lot more than I paid for them.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!