Hi Cecil and others following this thread- Just thought I would share my setup for the degasser/oxygenator that I got around to putting together yesterday on our holliday yesterday here in Canada. I landed up getting 5 cubic feet of bio-barrels (they are designed for degassers but am not sure if they are available down in the US) I should have taken a picture of them but will later today. I was originally planning on only running 4 pails but the local pond shop gave me a great deal on the 5 cubic feet which was enough to fill 8-5 gallon pails (I used 7 pails and have enough left over for topping them up if needed). The very bottom pail is catching all the water and diverting it thru the hose and into the top of the cage. Last night was the first night and it dropped the temperature from the evening to the morning from 68 degrees to 62 degree's.

I ran the water with the valve half cracked and was getting aprox 8gpm (full tilt it was doing 22gpm)but I was worried about having low pressure in the house for the water softner and iron filter that runs nightly. I am going to pick up a pressure reducing valve so I can adjust the flow to the pond. I am hoping after last night that this may just be enough to keep them cool and oxygenated for the next month or two.

I am still trying to figure out if it it would be benificial to run pond water from the bottom in the deep ends durring the day...what are your thoughts?

Here are the pictures of my setup. (never mind the picture of my goofy brother!!!)