Thanks Cecil for the pictures. Im not sure if I have the time to make a setup like that for this year. Currently I have 40 16
" brookies, and a couple browns and tigers in a rather large 6'x6'x10'tall(the cage is totally in the water but the top 6" or so) .I built the cage in April as it was easy to fish them out of the pond at that time but almost impossible to get them all out once they started to show signs of dying. The trout are doing really well in the cage with no signs of any issues at all.

My pond is all ground source water and is built right into the water table as 2/3's of the pond is surrouned by swamp. The water level never drops even in the sever drought years like last year but the issue is that the water tems creep up to the low 70's in mid july/august and this is always when I have my issues with them dying. Would it be possible to add cold well water to the pond at night directly over the cage VIA a large sprinkler that gets the water pretty hight into the air? The well water is 49 degree's and our night time temperatures are usually in the low 60's.

Last year I quit feeding right about this time and the brookies didn't start dying until mid Aug which at the time I had to net them to get them out before death..(browns and Tigers survied).

Just wondering if you think the sprinkler could possibly work with spot cooling the pond and if it would be able to oygenate the well water due to the breaking of surface tension? (3 years ago I had a DO crash due to a turn over and I ran my trash pump non stop for 24 hours shooting water up over the pond and what looked like a feirce rain storm and I was amazed at what it did to the DO and actually saved alot of the trout).

Ryan